The mission of the Michigan Autism Conference is to disseminate information and training on scientifically validated, behaviorally based treatments to parents, caregivers, and professionals who work with and care for individuals with autism spectrum disorder, and to promote awareness and training of closely related conceptual, scientific, and ethical issues.
We are seeking submissions of posters for the upcoming conference. Submission guidelines and samples can be found at the bottom of this page. This year, we are accepting research-focused and personal journey posters.
- Research-focused posters should be related to evidence-based research focusing on service delivery and support for individuals diagnosed with autism or other developmental disabilities. All research-based posters must include a visual display of data. Additionally, the topic of the research should relate to individuals with autism or other developmental disabilities.
- Personal journey posters should describe a personal journey of an individual with autism or other developmental disabilities, or a personal journey of a caregiver or a friend of an individual with autism or other developmental disabilities. The poster should provide some insight about your journey or keys for a successful journey (e.g., things you wish you knew at the beginning of the journey, important facts to keep in mind, do’s and don’ts of supporting an individual navigating neurodiversity)
- Optional a 2-minute “Spectrum Short” video to accompany your poster and entice the audience to view your poster.
In this year’s virtual format, accepted poster speakers will present their posters remotely, with the ability to text and video interface with attendees.
To submit your poster for review please complete the poster submissions form using the “Submit a Poster” button below.
- Poster submissions will be accepted for review until August 11, 2021, at 11:59 pm EST.
- Submitting authors will be notified of acceptance by August 20, 2021.
- Accepted posters (and Spectrum Short, if selected) should be uploaded to the designated MAC submission folder(s) by September 15, 2021, at 11:59 pm EST.
We look forward to receiving your submission!
|Poster-Submission-Guidelines-and-Spectrum-Short-2-Minute-Video-Guidelines.pdf Open Download Copy Link||109.01 KB|
|Sample-Poster.pdf Open Download Copy Link||1.47 MB|
|Spectrum-Short-Video-Sample.mp4 Open Download Copy Link||3.88 MB|